Saturday, October 1, 2016

Montgomery and Lonsdale

This morning I was fortunate to have a little time to enjoy the beautiful day painting. I again headed south to familiar areas. Montgomery, the "Kolacky Capital" was my first stop. I have painted here before but it has been a little while. I love the old buildings that line the main street. It has a timeless look. Accept for the car this painting could have been painted fifty or sixty years ago. I painted in the car because I left my tripod in the studio, which was fine, but I forgot that with the car I was in the lights stay on if the keys are in the ignition. So when I was done, a couple of hours later, the battery was dead. With the help of a nice elderly woman I contacted Dave's Cafe and Garage and got back on my way.
Ash Av., 9"x12", Casein
Next stop was in Lonsdale. Every rural southern Minnesota town seems to have a grain elevator of feed mill that look like these with the grey metal sides. I think they are the architectural equivalent to the 'grout-fit'.
Feed Mill, 8"x10", Casein

No comments:

Post a Comment